Friday, November 3, 2006

I'm getting worse and worse about posting on here. Time is just flying by. It seems like I just have less and less time for The Whited News. By the time we get the boys to bed every night, Kim and I are both just completely exhausted and all we want to do it just grab our blankies and fall alseep on the couch with Dancing With The Stars or The SuperNanny on the TV.

We have been more involved with stuff though. We have been doing "small groups" through church with the Hubers and the Teipens and have enjoyed that very much. I have been going to Praise and Worhip band rehearsals on Thursday nights at the church and Jackson has been going with me lately. It looks like I will be alternating on the drums every other week with DeeDee. This past Sunday was the second time I have played for the service. It was great. I'm getting alot of comments about it and it has been something I have really enjoyed. For years I have wanted to play drums again, but it is completely different this time around. In high school, I just thought I was the bomb - to be honest. As conceited as that is, it's the truth. It was all about me and I just tried to overpower the band with my drumming. The Cloverdale High School band was not very good, we had poor direction , and I was just looking after me, basically. I will admit it. Now, it's a totally different story. This is for God. I'm playing with some extremely talented musicians. Brice told me that I would probably never play with a better band and I think he is right. I am basically trying not to screw things up. I want feedback. I want direction. It's a total 180.

Halloween was a fun night. Jackson was a Star Wars Stormtrooper and Carson was a little doggie. We went to the church for games and treats and then to Sheila Brinkman's, then to the American Legion to see Ma'am and Pap, then to Marie's, and finally to Kogers. I snapped some pictures. Here they are.



No comments: