Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I have had a “crick” in my neck for six days. Usually when you sleep on your neck wrong, it lasts for what, a day or two? So I don’t know if my neck is broken or what…

“I feel that your management skills need some adjustment”. This is what a (now) former employee stated to me in an email today. She had just blown off a shift on Sunday and had not make any contact with anyone whatsoever until today when I got the email. This is someone who had done this once before a few weeks ago and everyone was calling for me to fire her, and I chose not to. Instead I gave her a second chance and put her on probation. So when this young 21-year-old indicated this today, I felt the need to reply with the following: “I agree that my management skills need some adjustment. I certainly make mistakes. For example, I absolutely should have fired you the first time your lack of responsibility put our team in this kind of crisis situation. You may have heard the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Remember when George W. Bush made this reference? Hopefully I did not flub it up as bad as he did (check out the very last scene of Fahrenheit 911).

Anyone want to work at a Youth Shelter? Give me a holler if you would and I’ll try to hook you up.

Apparently, my father fell of the roof of the house while hanging up Christmas lights? Mom said that he hurt his arm/shoulder pretty bad, but he refuses to go get checked out by a doctor, even though he has been having to walk around with his hand in his pocket to hold his arm up. Anyone ever wondered where I get some of my profound stubborness?

No comments: