Wednesday, August 16, 2006

JACKSON'S FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN



It's official. Jackson is a big boy now. I can't believe it. Yesterday was his first day of Kindergarten. It went very well and he was super excited about it. You should have seen him standing by the front door several minutes before it was time to leave, backpack fastened tightly to his back. Our whole family was there to walk him into his new school. Carson was waving at people he had never met, As we approached the building Jackson blurts out, unprovoked: "I'm not even nervous at all!".

But once we got in the classroom, you could tell that statement was not really the case...check him out here...I snapped this from across the classroom as the kids and there parents were filing in and addressing Mrs. Baugh. Looking a little nervous here, if you ask me! Check out the look on his face!


So as me, Kim and Carson are saying our goodbyes in the classroom, he covers his face with his pencilbox. We left, realizing the we had one little boy left and we were carrying him. The other son was now a big boy. As I buckled Carson in the van before Kim headed for daycare to drop him off, I mentioned, "Hey Carson, this will be you in only four years". Kim about started crying and told me not to say that - as though I had just said something terrible. But it's true and that might be even more amazing.


No comments: