Friday, July 7, 2006

I’ve been slipping, huh? It’s just been hard finding time to sit down and write a new post. Here I go…

I’m in a good mood. My vacation starts today. I had taken all the stuff down from my office walls because they are going to paint my office while I am on vacation. It’s going to be a pale green color. That will be better than this boring light gray that I’ve been looking at for the last 8 years. I have spent my morning getting things ready to be off for a week so that I will not have to think about or deal with the Youth Services Bureau until July 17. Updating the work schedule, making appointments for the week that I return, etc. It’s a good feeling.

This will be the first time in awhile that we are really not going anywhere during my week off. We are getting a fence put in the backyard next week, so that Roscoe can be safely secured whenever we need to leave the house for awhile. Roscoe has been a pretty good dog so far. Of course he has chewed stuff up, trampled the gardens, pooped all over the place, dug up 50% of our flowerboxes, you know, dog stuff. We were trying to enjoy dinner on our patio last night and he would not stop jumping up on the table trying to eat our hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, so I put him in the garage so that we could eat in peace. Apparently he was not happy about this and demonstrated his displeasure by taking THREE gigantic dumps in the garage during a span of 20 minutes. He is still only a puppy, but damn those looked like adult human shits. I’m trying not to be too upset about it, since these are things to expect from a puppy. But it does piss me off. He has grown like a sombitch in 6 weeks. See picture below.



It’s been a tough Summer, to be honest with you. It’s tough on Kim. She don’t get too many breaks. Things you try to do for fun like go outside and play turn into stressful situations real quick….trying to manage the behavior of 2 small kids and a puppy outside is not easy – keeping Carse from playing in the dog crap, keeping Roscoe from constantly tackling Carse, keeping Carse from running out to the road, keeping Roscoe from doing somersaults in the flowerbeds, all while trying to play with Jackson to keep him engaged. I’ll tell you, it’s enough to drive you frickin nutso. A few minutes of it and I can’t wait to get the hell back inside.

So this is what I have to look forward to during my (relaxing, right?) vacation. I should be able to leave work by 3:30 or 4:00pm today so we can get this party started!

1 comment:

Darth Daddy said...

Thanks for posting the picture of the puppy, and NOT the picture of the human sized poopoo.

You are a bigger man than I.(hehe)