Saturday, January 20, 2007

I had quite the scare this week. Good thing that I happened to be talking to God at the time, because He was right there with me and kept me safe.

I was heading to work Tuesday morning, and we had gotten a bit of a dusting of snow during the early hours of the morning. It was one of those deals where it was windy and the snow was swirling around on the roads. I was about 30 minutes into my 40 minute drive to work and was just getting ready to merge from 46-east to 37-south, right there in Bloomington. I was behind 2-3 other vehicles and nobody was immediately behind me. Suddenly, my back end swung out from behind me. I was going about 55 mph. I turned into the slide and it quickly swung back around to the right. From there, it’s kinda hard to remember exactly what happened but I ended up coming to a stop with my back wheels off the road and my front wheels on the shoulder of the road and it was stalled. Slowly 3-4 cars came up on me and checked to see it I was alright and I stuck my hand out the window and gave them a thumbs up. Then I went to work and changed my pants. I had kept putting off getting new tires for the Jeep and I think this was God’s way of letting me know that I had better get that taken care of immediately. Needless to say I get a new set of tires the next day on my lunch break. Honestly, that could have been pretty bad. Anytime you lose complete control of your vehicle going 55 mph on a highway during the morning rush and hit absolutely nothing – you must consider yourself blessed.


So we have the Colts and Patriots facing off tomorrow evening in the AFC championship. It is the first time that such a game has been played at the RCA (Hoosier) Dome. This is our time. It is the biggest Colts game ever. I have been excited all week. Manning vs. Brady. Dungy vs. Belicheck. We have heard for years (justifiably so) that the Colts cannot win the big game. Manning can’t do it. Dungy can’t do it. The Colts are soft. Defense wins championships. Can we please just shut everybody up….finally? It is amazing that as good as we have been over the last 4-5 years that we have never made it to the Super Bowl. It is time for that to change. Another disappointment would be devastating to the franchise.

No comments: