Thursday, September 28, 2006

Man, two weeks since a post...

I have really been busy at work. This week things have slowed down a little. But I went through a 2-week stretch there where it was pretty rough. Pretty much every minute of every day was spent trying to get something done. I interviewed several, hired 2 new people, then did their orientation and initial training, as well as taught a CPR class, and First Aid class, you get the picture....so not much time for TWN.

So it's not that nothing is happening. Actually, there are some big things happening with our family. No - we are not having baby #3. Kim and I have been doing some spiritual searching for quite some time now. We have said for a long time that we would like to find a good church for our family to attend regularly and perhaps join. One that is kid friendly and vibrant. We think we have found what we have been looking for since back when we lived in Ellettsville. New Providence Baptist Church. There is quite a bit to the story of how we got to this point, but we have finished three weeks of membership classes, met with the Pastor and some Elders and Deacons, and we have recommitted our lives to Jesus Christ. We will be going to a New Members banquet tomorrow evening. Kim and I are going to baptised on Sunday. Hey, this past Sunday I sat down at a drum set for the first time in probably 14-15 years on the stage of the church and started jamming. It was like riding a bike. Man, it felt good. I am going to the Praise and Worship rehearsal tonight at 7pm. Now, I think they have at least 2 other drummers, so there really may not be much of a need for me, but I want to be involved and I believe this is one of the ways that God is working to get me to engage and meet other church members and be involved in what is going on there. So God is doing some cool things. We are praying everyday, we are reading our bibles. Heck, I downloaded some Contemporary Christian music off Wal-Mart.com yesterday! We just feel that God has been speaking to us for some time now, and He is doing so in a way that is compassionate and patient. If we are not responding to Him then He may find it necessary to capture our attention in a more drastic manner. We are not interested in waiting for that to happen. We have tried to do things "our way" a long time now, and it has been a definite struggle with all of the demands of our lives and giving ourselves more credit than we should about who is in control. The time is now to begin our spiritual walk with Jesus. So far it has been great.

No comments: