Sunday, August 21, 2005


I guess I have been waiting for some big news in order to post a new article on here. That could be awhile if I keep expecting a huge event to report on. So I'll just post a commentary and some recent little tidbits of what's going on.

I just came in from cutting out some brush from the drainage ditch from the front of our property. You know how sometimes you let things go and the next thing you know you suddenly realize that you have let something get to the point of rediculous? Well, that's the deal with this brush out there. I mean, I have a hard enough time keeping up with basic yardwork such as mowing and weedeating, much less cutting down huge weeds/trees that are twice my height. The funny thing about it is that I have virtually no apprpriate tools for this project and ended up using this tiny hacksaw. After about 25 minutes of work, I had cleared out the largest growth and started feeling like I was going to pass out from exhaustion, so that's it for today. Not real sure what I'm going to do with the brush, probably throw it over the road into the woods over there.

Kim just completed her first week back to school since December. Monday is her first "real" day back, though, because the first week in Kindergarten at her school is just testing with the kids and meeting with the parents. Regular school days begin tomorrow. She really seems happy to be back, although it looks like she will have some challenging kids and may have to do without an aide this year. Jackson and Carson are adjusting pretty well to having a new sitter and we feel like we made the right choice with Sheila.

Other tidbits: Carson is getting his two top teeth now and has just started crawling regularly ather than the "belly flop"...Big Time Fantasy Football starts with the draft on August 31. This will be the fifth year for the Whited's fantasy league under the current format - John Whited of the Cincy Bears has the #1 overall pick....I just completed my eigth year of full-time employment with the Youth Services Bureau - I celebrated by rearranging my office...It has been reported that Billy Wilson has received medical bills for a "leg amputation" but apparently this is news to Billy...Jim Whited has been enjoying a new hobby of building birdhouses, so place your orders now...

No comments: